- 30-Sep-2016 to 31-Mar-2017 (PST)
- Health and Wellness
- Snoqualmie, WA, USA
Medical, dental, life and disability insurance after 60 days employment; 401K plan after 90 days employment; generous paid holidays, vacation, and sick leave
Provide outpatient and in-home mental health services to clients with complex trauma histories, substance abuse histories, as well as clients affected by historical trauma and unresolved grief. Work closely with program staff and social service agencies to assist patients with locating and accessing resources. Must maintain required licensure, continuing education requirements, and working knowledge of Washington Administrative Codes and agency policies and procedures. Position must ensure strict adherence to Federal Confidentiality Regulations, 42 CFR, Part 2 and the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) at all times. This is an exempt professional position that reports to the Mental Health Clinical Supervisor.
- Provide mental health diagnostic evaluation, treatment, rehabilitation, and case management services in outpatient and in-home settings.
- Establish therapeutic rapport with clients and assist them in developing skills and strategies for coping with and lessening the impact of emotional difficulties, adjusting to life changes/transitions, overcoming the impact of traumatic experiences and PTSD, and making positive changes in their lives.
- Collect information about clients through interviews, observation, and assessments.
- Evaluate and periodically review clients' psychological functioning and update the treatment plan accordingly.
- Interact and consult with families, probation officers, police, and other internal and external parties to exchange necessary information during the treatment process.
- Prepare and maintain all required treatment records and reports in accordance with all applicable laws and SBH policies and procedures; including but not limited to encounter logs, progress notes, intake/assessment reports, and related documentation. Ensure all files meet Tribal Codes and state WACs.
- Act as client advocate to coordinate appropriate treatment and services or to resolve emergency problems in crisis situations.
- Refer patients, clients, or family members to community resources or to specialists as necessary. Establish and maintain working relationships with community resources and act as liaison between clients and resources as needed.
- Counsel family members to assist them in understanding, dealing with, and supporting clients or patients.
- Maintain confidentiality of records/information relating to clients' treatment.
- Attend various clinical, program, and department meetings as designated by supervisor.
- Maintain LMHC status and continuing education requirements per WAC 246-809.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Master's degree in psychology, counseling, or related field from a regionally accredited college or university required. Combination of Bachelor's degree and significant related work experience may substitute for Master's.
- 2 or more years' mental health services work experience required.
- Licensed Mental Health Counselor (LMHC) in Washington State required. Chemical Dependency Professional (CDP) or Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT) preferred.
- Must have current CPR, First Aid, and TB immunization documentation.
- Knowledge of trauma informed care and experience counseling multicultural clients required. Experience working with Native populations strongly desired.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to prioritize and work independently; ability to help maintain an environment that encourages teamwork, interdependence, and ethical behavior.
- Ability to take directions and follow through with recommendations of program manager and supervisor.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs.
- Valid Washington State Driver's License without restrictions.
- Must be able to pass pre-employment and random drug screenings.
- Must pass pre-employment background check.
- Competitive medical, dental, life and disability insurance benefits after 60 days employment.
- 401k retirement plan with employer matching contributions after 90 days employment.
- Generous paid holidays, vacation, and sick leave.
- This is a full-time, exempt position and employment is at-will.
Sign Up For Job Alerts!