- 16-Mar-2017 to 15-Apr-2017 (PST)
- Snoqualmie, WA, USA
Competitive medical, dental, life and disability after 60 days; 401k plan after 90 days; generous paid holidays, vacation, and sick leave.
The General Ledger Accountant requires knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles. This position is responsible for accurate and timely journal entries, account reconciliations, financial statement preparation, and other related financial activities for the Snoqualmie Indian Tribe. This is an exempt at-will position that reports to the General Ledger Manager.
- Perform a variety of related accounting tasks such as oversight of general ledger reconciliation, review of entries and documentation, and development of information to support budget processes.
- Prepare entries and reconciliations for month end, quarterly, and annual closing.
- Maintain supporting documentation for accounting entries to support internal and external audits.
- Maintain schedules for fixed assets, long term debt, prepaid, or other balance sheet accounts.
- Assist auditors with journal entry examinations.
- Prepare monthly reports and financial statements.
- Develop and review narratives for recurring financial statements.
- Assist in coordinating and preparing the monthly forecasting and annual budgeting processes.
- Review transactions monthly, quarterly, and annually to ensure compliance with generally accepted accounting principles, and prepare adjusting entries as needed.
- Prepare recurring entry templates, simplify work papers, and other tasks to increase efficiency during the close process.
- Research financial and administrative topics to provide information and/or recommendations that impact the organization.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor degree in accounting required.
- Experience in general ledger accounting preferred.
- Experience with computer accounting systems and software.
- Proficiency in 10-key, Microsoft Office, and particularly Excel.
- Experience in governmental fund accounting (GASB) preferred.
- Ability to maintain accurate records and attention to many details.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, verbally and in writing.
- Ability to maintain confidential information and use tact and discretion.
- Must be able to pass pre-employment and random drug screenings.
- Must pass background check.
- Salary starts at $55,420 per year.
- Competitive medical, dental, life and disability insurance benefits after 60 days employment.
- 401k retirement plan with employer matching contributions after 90 days employment.
- Generous paid holidays, vacation, and sick leave.
- The 8-hour work shift includes a paid lunch hour.
- This is an exempt position and employment is at-will.
Sign Up For Job Alerts!