- 13-Apr-2017 to 30-Apr-2017 (PST)
- Snoqualmie, WA, USA
Competitive medical, dental, life and disability after 60 days; 401k plan after 90 days; generous paid holidays, vacation, and sick leave.
Assist in preparing grant material, provide ongoing budget analysis, review grant proposals and contracts, and provide grant accounting, reconciliation, and reporting support to grant managers. Perform a variety of accounting tasks in support of Finance Department operations. This is an exempt at-will position that reports to the General Ledger Manager.
- Assist grant managers in preparing grant proposals. Research budget data.
- Maintain and monitor grants and contracts budgets. Assure compliance with grant and contract requirements. Notify appropriate personnel of action needed.
- Establish and maintain files of proposals and current grants and contracts. Provide reports, compile and analyze data and statistics. Notify all concerned of application deadlines and ending dates.
- Assist recipient departments to develop and submit routine grant and contract proposals, and/or renewals.
- Interpret and communicate administrative regulations and policies to staff within the Tribe and outside agencies.
- Review grants and contracts to determine whether objectives are being met and make appropriate recommendations.
- Perform a variety of accounting tasks such as grant and contract reconciliation, review of entries and documentation, revenue recognition entries and grant drawdowns, and development of information to support budget processes.
- Prepare entries and reconciliations for month end, quarterly, and annual closing.
- Maintain supporting documentation for accounting entries to support internal and external audits.
- Prepare monthly reports and financial statements.
- Assist in coordinating and preparing the monthly forecasting and annual budgeting processes.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor degree in accounting, business, or related field required.
- Three or more years grant management or accounting experience required.
- A combination of education and experience that demonstrates the ability to perform the essential functions may substitute for the degree requirement.
- Experience with computer accounting systems and software.
- Proficiency in 10-key and Microsoft Office, particularly Excel.
- Ability to maintain accurate records and have attention to many details.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, verbally and in writing.
- Ability to maintain confidential information and use tact and discretion.
- Must be able to pass pre-employment and random drug screenings.
- Must pass background check.
- Salary starts at $55,420 per year.
- Competitive medical, dental, life and disability insurance after 60 days employment.
- 401k retirement with employer matching contributions after 90 days employment.
- Generous paid holidays, vacation, and sick leave.
- The 8-hour work shift includes a paid lunch hour.
- This is an exempt position and employment is at-will.
Sign Up For Job Alerts!